RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pictures





I found these pictures today. Imagine that. I've been cataloging and scrap booking pictures for two plus years now and it never ceases to amaze me when I find new ones. Where do they all come from? They're like dust bunnies, they just appear, except I really don't want to get rid of the pictures like I do dust bunnies.
Our family was avid picture takers. It seems dad's family (Drexlers) took the most, at least before his mom died in 1918, after that there aren't too many pictures of the Drexler family until dad started going with my mom, then the pictures of dad and his family started up again. I don't know whether maybe that's when dad got his own box camera (which I still have) or not. But I remember him taking pictures of us children lots of times.
Mom's family took lots of pictures, too, especially in the late 30s and early 40s. Of course I have dozens and dozens of pictures of my mother and father during their courting days and early marriage years.
I love these old black and white pictures. In fact, my digital, of course, takes color pictures, but I often print them out in black and white. It's gives a new dimension to the photos.
Back to old pictures. In reminiscing pictures are so important. When you look at them they evoke memories that may be hidden in the recesses of your mind. Take a look at the pictures above. Most of you are too young to even know these people, many of whom are related to you. But you oldsters, will remember these folks with love and affection.
Enjoy!
The pictures above have the following relatives in them.
Top picture: Aunt Annie, front, Uncle Joe Sbaraglia, back
Left picture: Standing left to right: Dad and mom (Rose and Carl Drexler), Aunt Rita and Uncle Joe Sbaraglia; seated middle is Ruth Evangelista Allison (the others I don't know)
Right picture: Aunt Rita (left), Uncle Joe Sbaraglia (right), mom (Rose Drexler) in middle seated. Others in picture, unknown

No comments: