RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Running out of topics






Even with my sister's input, I'm running out of topics. So this will be a pictorial of old pictures.






This is a picture of Aunt Fran and Uncle Howard. Aunt Fran was my mother's next older sister. She came into Philadelphia in 1906 when the family emigrated from Italy. She and Uncle Howard were missionaries to Bristol, Tennessee. Having recently visited Bristol, I think they need missionaries today as well! My cousin Betty Boyll Curtis still lives in Bristol and works in the library at King College. Her brother Dan went to be with the Lord in the late 90s. All four of them graduated from Philadelphia College of the Bible (when Aunt Fran and Uncle Howard went there is was Philadelphia Bible Institute). Aunt Fran often talked of their days at PhilaBI -- pronounced fil-a-by.





This picture is of my mom and dad and was taken in 1969 shortly after my son, Phil, was born. I put this picture up so you could see the resemblance between my mom and her sister Fran. Although, Fran really looked like Daisy, mom's oldest sister. Unfortunately, I only have one picture of Aunt Daisy and it was taken in 1936, so a comparison wouldn't be worth anything.


Aunt Daisy died when I was quite young. I remember visiting her a couple of times at the hospital in Lima, PA and thought how much she looked like my mom.



Okay, final picture of the day. This is my father in 1935 at the beach wearing his wool bathing suit. If he knew I put this up on the WWW for the whole world to see he'd be rolling over in his grave. But wasn't he a handsome dude? My sister thinks he looks like my brother Mark -- I don't see it. If I put a picture of him up when he was a child of about five you could say he looks like my granddaughter Rosie. She's the one who talks about me and my "elderly" friends. Cracks me up!
Enough for tonight. I'm going to bed. To all you family out there in BLOG land, enjoy!






No comments: