RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm out of Runnemede again

Okay, so this BLOG is not about Runnemede, unless something strikes me as I'm writing this.

We had a present for one of my grandchildren -- a 6-year-old boy -- at least we thought we did. He is a very good reader (4th grade level at this point) and we bought him a book entitled: The Dangerous Book for Boys. It has a lot of science things in it, and things about bugs, and caves, and military maneuvers, etc. I browsed through it and thought it was appropriate. Alan read it and thought it was too mature because there were things in this book for boys that he had a hard time ingesting. So, now, it's December 21 (almost) and I have to go out to get another gift for my grandson. Arrgh!

I'm not looking forward to the crowded conditions I know I'll find tomorrow. Maybe Kroger's will have something appropriate. I certainly hope so. If not...

I wonder if my mom and dad ever had this problem. This close to Christmas and oops! a gift that is not appropriate had to be replaced with something else requiring one of them to run to Jake's 5 and 10, or into Philly, to get something else. I certainly hope not.

No comments: