RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I can see the floor -- almost

Remember a few days ago when I wrote that my office was in much disarray? Well, it still is, but not as much. Today, I can see MOST of the floor. There are still many scrapbooks and paper packs to be put into the attic, but then the room will be ready to receive a guest. My office is the guest room.

Oh, yes, this is a non-Runnemede remembrance.


I'm grateful I haven't had any guests or grandchildren to stay over during the past couple of weeks because they would have had to sleep on the couch. But now, I can have guests again.

I am understanding how awful it must have been for my super neat, super clean sister who had to put up with sharing a room with me until I was 18 (she was 15). How awful for her. I know she left clues around the room so that anyone visiting would know that the mess was "Judi's mess," but still...it was unfair to her. Then again, as I stated a few days ago, the apparent chaos was really a unique filing system of mine. It's called, "Put it down, but be certain to remember where you put it." Never fails.

Alan uses much the same system, the only problem is, he doesn't seem to complete the last part of the system -- that is "remember where you put it." He's forever asking me to remember where he put something. Take yesterday, for instance. He asked me if I had seen his keys. No, I had not. I asked where he thought he put them. He said, he thought they were in his coat last time he had them, but he couldn't find them in his coat pocket. So the search began. The first place I looked, his coat pocket -- there they were! He, apparently, had looked in the wrong coat! So, you see the system even works when the other person doesn't really remember where the item was put.

My guest room is tiny. My father's desk, upon which I have my laptop, printer, and scanner, takes up about 1/3 of the room. The bed takes up about 1/3, which leaves 1/3 for everything else, including me. And I take up about -- well, we won't go into that.

I just wanted to update all of you who were wondering if I was ever going to get the room decluttered and back to it's almost always very organized condition.


Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will complete the job. And if not tomorrow, then the tomorrow after tomorrow. What's that saying? "Tomorrow never comes?" It will. The room will be cleaned completely, maybe even tonight, and tonight is over in 40 minutes -- then it's tomorrow.

No comments: