RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, January 5, 2008

This has nothing to do with Runnemede

We didn't have TV. We didn't have commercials. We had a quite small TV that received only black and white images. And what was worse, you actually had to get out of your chair to change the channel!!!! We didn't have color let alone HD.


Now, the other night I was watching something on my large-screen TV and this commercial came up. http://www.dvdtown.com/news/story/4887. Make sure you click on the "donkey" picture.


It tickled me so much that I started laughing and I laughed for a good five minutes. Wait for the punch line at the end. It's a commercial about Shrek, but it's from Toshiba, not Disney -- so when I first started searching for it, I couldn't find it. Then I watched the same program (rerun) again thinking maybe it would have the same commercials it had the night before. It didn't. Well, anyway. You all might want to check this out. I think it's so funny. And, it reminded me of my dad's saying, "The poor guy."

No comments: