RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Taking a break

The BLOG is going on vacation and taking a break from writing for a while. The BLOG will be back whenever it gets back. Hopefully meeting up with cousins and other family will bring back some memories not yet included in past BLOGs.

I know that withdrawal from your daily does of Runnemede Remembered will be difficult for some of you, but hang in there, RR will be back, Lord willing, in a week or less, depending on where the WiFi connections are.

The house will be occupied while we're gone, and our neighbors will be checking on the outside to make sure we don't have any ice problems, etc.

I don't recall my mom running around like I have been running the past few days just to get us ready to leave and get the house readied for its other occupants. We have three suitcases to go to three different venues. Try packing that way. How many underwear pieces go here, how many go there or there, how many bathing suits do I take total, and which one goes into which suitcase. Did I get that right? Do I have enough clothes for our stay there? Do I need to put toothpaste and shampoo in all three suitcases, or can I get the package out of one, and put it in another as we change venues? Is there enough food in the fridge for the guests? Is all the laundry done? Did I change the bed linens -- don't dare sleep in the bed any more. Arghh!

Looking forward to the end of the road, though. Nice warm, sunshiney Florida, then Panama. God willing Alan will travel well this time. If not, our guests will be evicted sooner than they thought, and we'll be back home in a flash. Well, as quickly as my heavy foot can get us here.

The BLOG will be back. BYYYYYYEEEE!!!!!!

No comments: