RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm not real happy to be back

We're back from our trip to Florida and Panama and Hondoras and Belize and the Western Caribbean. We just had too much fun and I would rather still be floating around on a large ship in the Gulf of Mexico (they call it the Western Caribbean rather than the Gulf, don't know why) than having had to drive for three straight days to get home.

Oh, we could have flown to Florida and rented a car, and then flown home, I suppose, but we didn't, and I would still rather be in Florida and the waters around it, than back here in the cold.

We had a wonderful time with Micki again, and watch for it -- I'll be writing a lot this next week. Lots of new pictures and lots of new "old" pictures as well to put on the BLOG.

Alan and I were able to walk well in Florida. Must be the air down there. Or the heat and humidity levels are just right. I don't know, but we were walking with minimal pain and weariness. It was so nice. Oh, I had a sciatic nerve attack, but that went away after one day in bed. And I felt almost normal -- like a 65-year-old should feel, not like a 90-year-old person.

Alan got me a birthday present on the cruise -- he hasn't even seen it yet -- let's just say it's jewelry. He asked me if I bought myself something for my birthday, and I told him, yes, HE had bought me something for my birthday. I figured 65 is a milestone -- you know, medicare and all that -- so I got myself, oops, HE GOT ME something really, really nice. And his Aunt Marion and Uncle Dayton had a birthday cake for me -- a surprise cake. It was delicious.


But, we're home now. We're safe. We wish we were safe in Florida instead of Kentucky. What can I say? I'm adicted to warmth and slow drivers!!!

No comments: