RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Concepting

Concepting is a term I first learned from a colleague at AiG (Dan Leitha). I think it means to think about something with the idea that after thinking about that something, I'll be able to have an idea to write about that something about which I'm thinking. Clear enough?

Concepting is also a word that doesn't spell-check, so Mr. DanL, maybe we need to think of another word. It really means to procrastinate about something, but concepting sounds so much more high faluting.

I've been concepting -- thinking about something, knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I'll come up with a readable essay -- for days. Days and days and days.

I like concepting new BLOGs, but in that area I think I'm concepted out.

But, I'll have lots of concepting time because the fan is broken on my computer and I can only have it on for 15-minute intervals, which is barely enough time to get booted up, let alone BLOG something. So, Monday I'm taking my computer into the shop for a new fan, and I don't know how long it will take to get my computer back.

Besides concepting time, I'll have time to go nuts, I suppose -- no e-mails, no BLOGs to read or write, and except for the telephone, no communication with others. Yikes!

No comments: