RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Payback time


I did it to my sister and brother last week, remember? I posted a picture that I'm sure neither of them would want shown even to the closest family members. Well, here's one I found of me and Alan, taken in 1972. I was expecting my second child, Becky, at the time. It had to be January or February of that year.


Can you imagine that I thought the style and the material of the dress I was wearing was in style? Well, it was. I had purchased it just a few days prior to this event (it was a military ball) and I got it at a garment loft in the garment district in New York City. Those garment lofts are where the NEW fashions are stored, and if you know somebody you can get into them and purchase clothing before they go on the racks at Macy's or Bloomingdale's, etc. for not much money.
And those shoes? Oh my. Aren't they the worst?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the dress ;)
We really do love your blog. It would be a shame if it wasn't there anymore. We only get to see it every so often and then do a big catch-up that we really enjoy. Thank you so much for posting!