RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Home again, home again, jigity, jig!

Yes, we're home again. I'm glad to be back, but I did love the place we were in Tennessee. It was so quiet and peaceful and the weather was scrumptious.

On the way home I was thinking of my next BLOG -- THIS ISN'T IT!!!! Being the elder person that I am, and since it is difficult to write something down when one is driving and the spouse is asleep, I didn't write down my topic, and it has left my brain. Hopefully, the computer in my brain will rewind and I will recall the topic. It was about RUNNEMEDE and growing up, not about anything that is remotely in the present tense.

But, in the present tense: Alan and I really enjoyed the play at the Cumberland Playhouse (http://www.ccplayhouse.com). We saw a play entitled, Smoke on the Mountain Homecoming. What a hoot! It was so enjoyable, and we went with David and Linda, which made it even more fun.

During intermission, Alan decided to take a TRIP (definitive word) to the rest room. Well, he missed a step and bam, he fell and twisted his knee. After resting and icing the knee all day Friday, he seems much better.

I, however, packed the car this morning. Praise the Lord my knees were functioning as they should and not bothering me, as they had been all week. I was able to do it all and he was able to still enjoy the rest. He is walking without the aid of the cane he used all day yesterday. So, that's behind us now.

Oh, how I wish I could remember what I forgot because I know you all would have loved what I was going to say in my remembrance BLOG about something that had to do with my life in Runnemede. But, alas, it's gone from my mind for the present.

I'll have more reports as the evening progresses. Right now, I'm off to enjoy the rest of the community pool opening party, and then I'll unpack the car.

No comments: