RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Personal shopper

I recall a BLOG written by a friend of mine, and her desire was for a personal chef. Well, I don't wish a personal chef. I like to cook, and I do it well. There are times when I would like to go to a restaurant, but they are few and far between, because it's just too much trouble to put on a new set of clothes -- clothing that I wouldn't mind being seen in, in public. So here's to you, Stacia.

The other night I received a phone call and the person on the other end asked to speak with the person in the house who did the grocery shopping. I blithely answered, without even thinking about it, that my PERSONAL SHOPPER was not in residence right now, did the person on the phone wish to have me have my PERSONAL SHOPPER return her call.

Yes, I have a personal shopper -- just for the summer. And, I'm loving it. Actually, Megan works for me for four hours a week and one of those hours is spent Krogering. I hurt, and that's a great use of her services for me and for Alan who dislikes grocery stores -- or any store for that matter -- more than I do.

I had to relate to you all about my "personal shopper". I am truly blessed to have Megan doing these jobs for me this summer. She can get down on her knees, stand on a ladder, and we WILL get the attic and the pantry cleaned before summer's end.

Today, I received a magazine -- Creative Memory's Lasting Moments magazine. In the back there was a list of journaling ideas and it stirred my creative juices and gave me a few ideas to write about Runnemede. This isn't one of them. Don't get excited.

Switching gears -- If you want to see my recent journaling efforts you can take a peak at The Fat Lady Singeth -- there's a link on the side of the this page.

So, watch for a few remembrances of Runnemede coming in the next few days.

No comments: