RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Leg wrestling

Short post.

Tonight my granddaughter, Tori, was here and she has three brothers -- who are, shall we say, boys -- all boy. They are pranksters, rough and tumble boys. She reminded me of something that happened when I was growing up in Runnemede.

I was telling her how my brothers and I used to leg wrestle on the living room floor. They never beat me. I knew when they got to a certain size that I would not be able to throw them, and then I would quit. And I did.

But we wrestled until I graduated from high school. I guess by the time Mark became a sophomore in high school we quit that practice.

I know, I know, how unladylike for a young lady to leg wrestle her brothers. I had a reason. I needed to build up my leg strength for gymnastics, and because I did that building, they couldn't throw me.

Arm wrestling? I never could win at that, even though I had good upper body strength again from gymnastics. But not that good.

'Nuf said.

No comments: