RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Who knew?

That The Magnificent Seven (M7) was a movie I had never seen before? I thought I had. I'm sure it was one one my father's faves.

That M7 is a tear-jerker? At least a two hankie movie.

That M7 is a really great cowboy movie that would take up two hours of my Saturday afternoon? Actually, I got something started for dinner, cleared out the dishwasher, greeted one of our neighbors, and had a small chat with her, all after making lunch which I ate while I watched the movie.

That M7 is a love story? At least the tear-jerking part.

That in M7 almost all the heros are killed off? But so are the bad guys.

That there must be a sequel to M7 that I HAVE seen, because I'm sure I've seen M7 before, just not this version that I saw today.

That I would ever recommend that anyone watch M7 at least once? I can't wait to see it again.

No comments: