RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Garden Tea -- it was wonderful



I wrote yesterday about the Garden Tea to which I had been invited. Well, to all who are reading this, I have to say it was one of the most blessed experiences of my life. The women who worked to make it special -- and there were 100 guests at this tea -- receive my special thanks. I have included two pictures -- one of Cyndi and me (doesn't she look beautiful?) and one of me, alone.


There are few pictures of me anywhere because I don't like to have my picture taken. And, I think these pictures turned out well, especially the one of Cyndi and me.


We were greeted by two young women who gave us a name tag and then gave us a program. There was no assigned seating, except for me (because of my inability to walk) and Mrs. Evelyn Cole, who is the Pastor Emeritus' wife -- a spiritual mentor for me and hundreds or other women. I was so blessed to be able to sit by her and spend time talking with her. And she told me how blessed she had been by a visit from Becky and her children when she was so ill, earlier this year, just recuperating from being operated on for cancer.


To know that your children and grandchildren are a blessing to someone is a very praise-worthy time.


The food was superb and not over played or heavy or just for dieters. The teas were special, and the tea punch was something I had never had before and it was delicious -- not too sweet and not too fruity. As I told my friend, Nancy, the food was comparable to a cruise ship afternoon tea menu.


The location -- the back yard of one of the church lady's home was a beautiful setting. The yard had a gentle downward slope and there was a creek and small spate of woods behind the house. The birds were chirping (my sister would have loved it) and they had tea cups on posts all around the yard and in the tea cups they had vanilla citronella candles which kept the bugs away. I didn't even see one bee and each table (there were 15) had a large centerpiece of live flowers.


Alan has asked me to stop talking about the "tea" because I've been chattering about it all day remembering this and that from time to time.


I also had an enjoyable time with Cyndi on the drive to and from the event. My thanks to all the ladies who worked on the tea -- not that any of them will be reading this BLOG, but you never know, do you?
I am getting a CD of all 280 pictures that were taken today, and I will post some of the yard and table setting pictures another day.
So, ttfn.


No comments: