RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, September 29, 2008

Apple taffies

Also known as candied apples. Only apple taffies always have a red, hard, candy coating with NO nuts. All you get is apple and hard taffy.

So why am I writing about apple taffies? Well, Alan and I visited the local Piggly Wiggly today and there they were -- red taffy apples, just like I used to get in Runnemede on Halloween from Gardner's Funeral Home. That was the "treat" they handed out to the first 100 or so children who showed up at the Home. I made sure I got there as soon after school as I could so I could get one of those delectable treats.

So, I'm sitting here, writing about candied applies or apple taffies with a taffy in my hand between sentences, biting the delicious crunchy taffy and getting a mouth full of delicious applies (that's also Delicious Apple -- the type -- a very sweet, hard apple works best). Yummmmmmm.

ttfn

No comments: