RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Friday, October 31, 2008

Doggie magnets


Does anyone remember these little Scottie Dog Magnets? Dad had a set which he would permit us, under close supervision, to touch. He would show us how when the magnets were put together one way (both dogs in the same direction) they would actually push each other apart, but if you put them butt to head, they would attract and be melded together until with some force you were able to get the Scotties apart.
I was remembering those times when I would go into Mom's and Dad's bedroom, and he would be at his secretary desk (now at my brother Mark's home) and would call us in one at a time to see these marvelous dog magnets. And us leaving the room asking: How do they do that?
Of course there were times when we'd just burst in and he'd settle us down by showing us either the magnets or the disappearing red ball magic trick (which I have in my possession).
ttfn

No comments: