RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Republicanism

I was laying in bed last night thinking about this election. As you know my dad was a Republican, and by being his daughter, I too, am Republican -- not RINO (Republican in name only), but a card-carrying CONSERVATIVE Republican. And I probably shouldn't admit that, since this BLOG is NOT a political BLOG and I don't want it to be. My father must be rolling over in his grave, though as current events unfold.

Take, for instance, this Colin Powell thing. Don't misunderstand me. I like Gen Powell. I think he did a marvelous job as Sec. of State. And as chief of staff. But....

Do any of the Obama supporters who are so gung ho Gen. Powell remember that HE was the person who put the case for us to invade Iran before the UN and before the US Congress. And now, he's best buds with Obama? How can that be? Obama has said that Powell and Bush lied. But he is willing to accept this "Liar's" endorsement?

Does anyone remember this? Frustrating for me. Frustrated that folks are all bending over backwards over this endorsement of a man who told the country we needed to invade Iraq, and that invasion is, according to the Obama Camp, the biggest mistake that was made in the last 8 years. And yet, no one, on either side, brings this up. Go figure.

ttfn

No comments: