RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, November 17, 2008

It snowed again!

Not enough to even stick your tongue out and try to collect a few flakes on, but I saw it -- it was definitely snowing for about 30 seconds.

Do I get excited over the dumbest things? Well, any time I see snow I get excited. Because, I love snow. I have a friend here in Northern Kentucky and I usually call her as soon as I see a flake -- she's also a snow lover -- and I sing to her over the phone --

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but inside is just delightful, and since I've not place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Then we talk for a few minutes. We seem to talk on the phone more in the winter than in the summer -- mainly, I suppose because it doesn't snow in the summer -- at least not here.

So, I just wanted you all to know that it snowed again today, albeit the 10 flakes didn't amount to much. I mean by the time I grabbed my camera to take a picture of the event, it had stopped!

mtf

No comments: