RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, March 19, 2009

How sweet to hold a newborn baby!


How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

(words by Bill Gaither)

This says so much, and I think of my mother who was told she couldn't have children because of physical difficulties she had, but God was so good to her. She loved children. God gave her four children to hold as newborns, and while she would have liked more, the doctor warned her that if she did she could die, and so having more babies was out for her.

I remember vividly, my mom sitting on her bed, a few days after my brother Carl was born, nursing him, and even at the age of 6 (almost 7), I could tell how much she loved that baby, and I could see her pride and joy. And I know my mom was thinking, this is a child I MUST raise to know my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. And she told him about the Lord, and she prayed for him (and all her children) until the days before she died.

So, while I was holding this newborn baby, my last grandchild, Jack, I was thinking of the words of the song "Because He Lives", which I love so much.
*Picture is of Cyndi and Jack, 3/18/09, minutes after Jack's birth. Cyndi was really, really happy to be holding her newborn baby.

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

She is so beautiful! And so is that precious little baby. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Much Love
jrs