RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, September 12, 2009

I just love that picture

My new look, I mean.  I just love that picture of my part of the front porch at 116 E. Second.  How I wish I could just sit on that porch and watch the cars go by.  Back when I was growing up, there were few cars on the street.  Now, as then, it's a cut-off from Clements Bridge Road to The Pike, and if people know about it, they use it.  It cuts off the main traffic intersection of The Pike and CB Road, which has always been a bottleneck for those using CB Road.  The traffic has often backed up the block and a half to the church -- and that block is really two blocks long. 

But, I've been thinking of all those nice-weather days -- and not-so-nice-weather-days -- I spent out there, either reading, or stitiching, or crocheting, or knitting, or just watching, and this picture says it all.  COMFORT!!!!!

You've got to love it!

ttfn

No comments: