RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Concerts and the Club Diner

Why this situation came to mind I don't know, but it did.

I was about 10 years old and my music school teacher took several of her students into Philadelphia one evening to hear the Philadelphia orchestra. My parents got together the money for me to go with them. But they didn't give me any other money, except for a nickle, in case I had to make a phone call.

I didn't know that the others who went to the concert would want to go to the Club Diner in Bellmawr on the way home, but they did. There I was at a diner with no money. So, what did I order? Nothing. There was nothing on the menu that you could get for a nickle. I just said I wasn't hungry.

However, lesson learned. Of course when I got home I was blubbering. And the next time I went to a concert with the music school students, I had a whole dollar to spend, if I needed it -- which I did.

ttfn

1 comment:

Bill Tracy said...

Perfect tragedy/comedy, Judi. You made me feel sad, then you ended it by making me laugh out loud! Thanks.

Bill