RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, May 27, 2010

We're home

The view from the condo in Wildwood.
It's so good to be at my "old people's" home -- where I currently live, not the place I shall always call "home" in Runnemede.


On our way home we stopped in Wildwood to spend time with Alan's family. The weather on the first day was bad, but the second day was beautiful, and so it was the day we left.


The trip home was really good. No traffic mishaps or stops or problems of any kind, and beautiful weather.


This entire trip was probably one of the best trips (vacations) Alan and I have ever had, and I know it's the best we've had in years. Alan handled the travel well. He was able to walk most of the time. I was able to walk most of the time, albeit painfully. And, except for what I wrote about our rustic accommodations in the non-Poconos, all went well. We both probably gained 20 pounds each, though, because we ate very, very well, and lots and lots of those good eats.
Again, I can't say enough about the folks in Runnemede who made our reunion/stay so very enjoyable. Our prayer is that the church blossoms and grows and spreads God's Word far and wide for another 100 years.


I'll be bouncing back and forth between here and The Fat Lady Singeth (http://www.thefatladysingeth.blogspot.com/) for the next days, weeks, months, years. Who knows?


This is me, signing out. TTFN

No comments: