RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Friday, October 12, 2012

Brain drain

I was recalling this afternoon that most of my posts have centered around church life.  I guess that's because my young life was either spent in school or church, at least that's how it seemed to me at the time.  And being a PK (preacher's kid) of course I would be spending quite a bit of my time in church whether being engaged in church things or just accompanying my father to his study -- which I loved to visit, and from which the smell still lingers.  You know, that smell that an old attic evokes, or a musty basement, or a baby's aroma after a bath? 

So with that introduction, I shall tell you what I was thinking about.  I was thinking about the young ladies trio (or was it a quartet) that I participated in during my teenage years.  We practiced quite a bit.  I recall myself and Kathie K. getting the giggles and trying to compose ourselves before we sang (nerves, I think).  Once we started singing we were okay.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who else we sang with. 

Which leads to something else I discovered today.  After 46 years of marriage, my husband I work really well together.  I can't remember some things and he can't remember some things, but together we can remember the whole thing!  Unfortunately, he wasn't around during the trio/quartet days!

ttfn

No comments: