RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daddy's birthday

Today is January 30, 2013.  My father, if he were still alive would be 105.  His uncle Harry died at that age.  My father died 12 years ago. 

Each year I was with him on his birthday, for as long as I could remember, dad would announce at dinner, after prayer, that:  "This is my last birthday.  The years haven't been kind."  I don't know what he meant by that last comment, but I know he said that from the time he was about 40 years old he would utter those words.

This is my last birthday.  The years haven't been kind.  My father died when he was 93, quite a few birthdays after that announcement.  I guess he was wrong.  The Years had been kind.  He had life and touch quite a few lives with his messages from the Word of God.

ttfn

No comments: