RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Need your input

I have been thinking that I would like to write shorter BLOGS and they would be of my family, the church people, Downing school, Bingham School, and Triton High School. 

After high-school I went to Glassboro State College (now Rowan U) and sort of left Runnemede at that time; even though I still lived there, I was rarely in-house so to speak.  So let me know if this would be okay.  I would write something every day, Monday through Friday (not on weekends) and I wouldn't announce it on Facebook. 

Here is an example of a "shorter" BLOG and it may be more information that you want to know about my family, but here goes:

On January 2, 1949 my brother Carl was born on the kitchen table.  He was delivered shortly after the Sunday morning church service.  Wasn't it convenient that he waited until my father could be present for his birth?  I'm sure of two things.  My mom would have liked for him to come sooner.  And,  daddy was in another room until the birth was finished. 

Home births weren't the norm back then and I never knew why mom had Carl at home instead of in a hospital like the rest of us.  I also never knew how they got mom from the kitchen table to her bed three rooms away.  And back then it wasn't proper to ask!!!!!


ttfn

No comments: