RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine cards

I addressed valentine cards to lots grandchildren, wrote a note in as many as I could think of something to say, and now I have to go to the post office to get one cent stamps because I over-stocked on freedom stamps the value of which I know is one cent less than what the new stamps are.  So, tomorrow, because I can, I shall have my personal  shopper go to the PO for me and get me 100 one-cent stamps.  :)

I say this in prelude to the main text of my message this morning/evening.  When I was going to school, this was just one part of valentines day I didn't like.  The other part was when I didn't get as many valentines as I had given.

My dear mom always bought the kind of valentines that came on sheets that you have to punch out the card from, and they got shoved into really flimsy envelopes.  Oh, the joys of valentine's day in grammar school -- NOT. 

Then I got older and hoped that my current imaginary boyfriend would send me a valentine's card.  That, of course, didn't happen, until...  I met the love of my life.

I know Alan won't be reading this, but I know he got me a card already because I saw the bag and he hasn't missed very many valentine's days telling me he loves me (with a card).  I, on the other hand rarely return the favor because life gets too busy, or I just plain forget.  I'm ready this year, though.

I hope this is a reminder to all those out there to send MAIL, not e-mail.  Much more personal.

ttfn

No comments: