RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, March 4, 2013

Kindergarten 5-Holidays

When I said I was going to write "one-a-day" entries to my BLOG, I didn't realize how household events and health issues would interfere, but I'm doing my best.

The title of "Holidays" isn't a long description of all the Holidays we enjoyed when I was a child.

I would rather mention the "Holidays" we enjoyed then that are now celebrated now.

There was Columbus Day, October 12; Voting day - the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November; State Teacher Convention -- the second weekend in November which included Thursday and Friday; Abraham Lincoln's birthday - February 12; George Washington's birthday  - February 22; and Easter Monday.  I think that is about it.

If you know of any others, let me know.  Remember they are not celebrated any more.

ttfn

No comments: