RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, March 11, 2013

Kindergarten - last

I've mentioned before that in the morning on Mondays we listened to "At the Zoo", a school program put on by the Philadelphia Zoo.  I loved that program which each week would give us all kinds of information about one of the zoo animals.  We would then go outside and run off some of our excess energy, and return for the rest of our morning learning activities.

In the afternoons, we mostly did reading and practiced our writing (printing).  I wasn't particularly fond of printing, but I wanted to do it perfectly, so I practiced a lot.  I asked my dad to get me one of those tablets that had the lines on it for printing, and he did, and I practiced at home.

We had no homework given us by our teacher, Mrs. Gardner so I could practice as much or little as I wanted.

After kindergarten, of course, came first grade.  I'll start there next.

ttfn

No comments: