RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Friday, March 22, 2013

Third grade

As I mentioned in the second grade BLOG, I was warned that I didn't want to get, if I could help it, Mrs. Barr.  She was the terror (of teachers) in Bingham school.  And this was before I knew I would be transferred to Bingham a few days after school started.

Mrs. Barr was NOT a terror, I liked her a lot.  And she was very pretty.  I guess the person who told me about her was getting bad reports about her first child, and hoped her second child wouldn't get her, but he did.

Third grade for me was a review of everything I already knew.  I wasn't bothered by this and I went with the flow.  I finished lessons before everyone else, and I was permitted to help Mrs. Barr with housekeeping chores and some the menial tasks teachers are asked to do.

ttfn

No comments: