RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A girlhood friend

  • She was one of my best friends, and she was one of my best competitors. 
  • She played the piano.  She had long fingers so she could play Rachmaninoff.  I have short fingers so I could play Bach. 
  • She played tennis.  I won a trophy for best tennis player (female) in high school between my junior and senior year.  She placed a little lower. 
  • She was smarter than I.  She became a doctor.  I am who I am.
  • I played the organ, piano, and violin.  She played the French horn and piano.
  • She attended Mt. Calvary Union Church where my father was the minister.

Her name was Kathy Kenders. 

She went to be with the Lord yesterday. 

I shall miss our e-mails, though frequent, and her Facebook page.

ttfn

No comments: