RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A snowy rememberance

It seems to me that in winter, Runnemede was quite snowy.


I also remember my dad running down Second Avenue to the  Pike hauling me on a sled behind him, and me telling him to slow down, which, of course, he didn't.  I'm sure he was aware of safety, and if I fell from the sled it wouldn't hurt me, I mean, how fast can an old man of 40 run?  (Note:  40 isn't old, but to a 3-year-old it is.)




I loved those days and the attention my dad paid me.


I am also glad I grew up in the days before Second Avenue became a "through" street from Clements Bridge to Central and Central to the Pike at 8th Avenue.  Now days, because of the increased traffic, my joy and thrill of having dad pull me on the sled would never have happened.




This is one of the things I remember as I watch another snowy day here in Kentucky.






ttfn



No comments: